IN THIS SECTION back buttonAllambie Vet Facebook Articles
Eddy's Life Saving Transfusion
Rat Poison is very dangerous if ingested by dogs . Eddie found out the hard way when he started bleeding into his chest due to the clotting defects caused by the poison. He had become anaemic due to the blood loss and his breathing was affected. Eddie was treated with Vitamin K, which is an antidote to the rat poison, and received a blood transfusion. He responded well and was able to return home the following day with Vitamin K tablets . This case serves to remind us to ensure that all toxins and chemicals are kept locked away from our pets.

Like us and Follow us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Allambie-Vet-Clinic/282223305132403

Contact us